Lots of people have been asking me recently, ‘Why Clean Well-Being?’ What does it mean? What’s clean about it? Thought I would explain, and give some ideas about how you could clean up your well-being too, if you fancied.
Originally, I was going to call my business ‘Clean On!’ as, every time I put clean clothes on, I get them dirty immediately, and tut to myself about how ‘That top was clean on!’ But Clean On didn’t really say anything about well-being which is, after all, the point.
Anyway… I like to keep up with what’s happening in the health, well-being and fitness worlds, but have always found that the number of messages was huge, and many of these messages were confused and a bit confusing too. (It reminds me of the debate about butter: in the 80s, when I was growing up, butter was taboo and everyone harped on about how healthy they were because they ate margarine instead. Ha! Imagine saying that now…)
Instead, how about having a place where the basics of health and well-being could be found, somewhere that focused on really simple, clear and ‘good sense’ messages? Here are a few of my favourites that can have a positive effect on your well-being – all of which are simple, clean and backed up substantiated research:
1. Fresh air: spend time outside every day, rather than in the artificial light and air of offices and other workplaces
2. Sleep and rest: keep a good sleep routine if you can
3. Drinking water: make sure you’re hydrated to stave off headaches and generally feeling bleugh
4. Balanced diet: the one that is making the rounds at the moment is to try to eat foods that don’t have an ingredients list (eating ‘clean’)
5. Move more: rather than sit all day and evening, get up and move about a bit
My aim for Clean Well-Being is to continue with these simple, effective messages – without jumping on the latest craze or fashion – and to provide clean ideas without the faff.
Hi, I'm Joanna from Clean Well-Being.
|Fitness and well-being provider||
Clean Well-being ramblings