Do you want to stay active over Christmas? Here are some ideas for exercises and activities you can do quickly and easily.
(Make sure you warm up before and cool down after exercising.)
1. Walk around as much as you can.
2. Practise the plank. Use your core muscles to help.
3. Run up and down the stairs a few times throughout the day.
4. Stand up when you're on the phone.
5. Make up a short dance to your favourite song and practise it every day over Christmas. A performance on New Year's Eve is optional!
6. Stand on the edge of a step and do some calf raises. This really helps strengthen your toes and ankles too.
7. Sit cross-legged and lift yourself off the floor using just your hands.
8. Grab a couple of tins of beans/tomatoes and do some bicep curls.
9. Keep your back supple with some cat/cow stretches.
10. Try some tricep dips using a chair (make sure it's secure).
11. Keep your stomach muscles strong by pulling in your belly button while you sit, walk or run around.
12. Laugh! It releases tension and works many muscles in the body.
There is no blog next week as I'll be too busy making up my New Year's Eve dance routine! I'll be back on 4th January.
Hi, I'm Joanna from Clean Well-Being.
|Fitness and well-being provider||
Clean Well-being ramblings