Have you ever found yourself being sucked in to all kinds of drama that were nothing to do with you? There might have been times when you caused yourself unnecessary angst by worrying about something that didn’t concern you. It takes a lot of strength to pull back from things that are going on around you, but give it a try. When you find yourself getting sucked in to another person’s circus, stop and ask yourself these questions:
1. Does this situation really involve me?
2. If the situation doesn’t really involve me, what is my motivation for getting involved?
3. What will it cost me to get involved? Time, money, stress, drama...
4. Can I really contribute anything that will help everyone get to a better resolution?
5. What will happen if I decline to participate in this situation?
If the situation doesn’t really involve you, it might be a good idea to think about why you are considering getting involved. If your motivation is to be in on the latest gossip or to get the upper hand in a situation, back off! If your motivation is anything less than for the good of everyone involved, you don’t need to be a participant.
By the way, did you know this is actually a Polish proverb? Interesting!
Hi, I'm Joanna from Clean Well-Being.
|Fitness and well-being provider||
Clean Well-being blog