I know so many people who started 2017 by trying to change an aspect of their behaviour: doing more of something, doing less of something, or trying something new. And then, by this time of year, resolve can begin to flag… but it doesn’t have to. Try not to expect that you will give up, just because many others do. It’s all about knowing your patterns and working with them. Here are some ways of keeping motivation and energy levels high:
1. Do a little bit every day, or at least fairly often. Keep chipping away and you’ll notice the benefits.
2. Set yourself some achievable goals. Try not to make your goals nearly impossible to achieve. Instead, set small, do-able goals and achieve them regularly. This will help maintain your motivation.
3. Make your goals a bit more fun! Rather than plodding through tasks, add a bit of levity.
4. Get others involved in your quest for motivation. If others know that you’re working towards something, they can help when things get tough and offer encouragement and support.
5. Reward yourself for every small gain. Take a few minutes to consider how far you have come and congratulate yourself for your achievements.
6. Be flexible and realistic. Some days don’t lend themselves to achieving much, and some goals might need to be changed mid-way through. Keep moving forwards regardless. Don't give up!
Hi, I'm Joanna from Clean Well-Being.
|Fitness and well-being provider||
Clean Well-being blog