I was reminded by a very wise person this week about the need to take care of ourselves, and that just doing the basics is so important: it's the least that our bodies deserve. So this week's CWB Ramblings focus on the simple things, the everyday things... the crucial things. These suggestions aren't meant to be anything other than a refresher. We all know them, and sometimes we forget about how important they are.
Here's a few fundamentals - my favourite five:
1. Sleep 'hygiene' (great phrase!): ensuring that you get enough sleep, that it is of good quality, and that you feel rested after it. Sometimes, sleep eludes us - but it is usually temporary. Get into good habits, and try not to let yourself get away with less than you need.
2. A balanced diet: not necessarily following the latest fad, but simply eating a wide range of foods, with an emphasis on vegetables, fruit, seasonal foods, and what you enjoy. If kale isn't your favourite, don't labour away at it, trying to enjoy it! Find something else that gives you essential nutrients and enjoy that instead.
3. Move! You don't have to go to the gym, classes or anything formal if that isn't your style; just try not to sit around all day, every day - get up and move around. Create your own heat rather than huddle by a radiator.
4. Get outside: even better, get some sunshine when you can; and breathe fresh air, not jut conditioned air.
5. Be consistent: try not to flit between new concepts and ideas - stick to what works for you.
These won't be new, just a little refresher. Hope they offer something to you and your well-being.
Hi, I'm Joanna from Clean Well-Being.
|Fitness and well-being provider||
Clean Well-being ramblings